Proverbs 22:6:

Proverbs 22:6:
6
Train up a child in the way he should go,
Even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Parenting is an Adventure

You would think that after 6.5 years of being a mom I would have this down, I don't.  I still have absolutely no idea what I am doing.  I will be the first to admit I am far from being the perfect mom, just ask my kids.  Let me tell you about them.

First we have Critter, a loveable yet slightly emotional 6.5 year old girl.  She is smart as a whip, and I will admit at times is quite a bit smarter than I am.  She started talking at 6 months of age and was telling people to go away at 9 months old.  She has given me no end of frustration and confusion over the years, but I love her to pieces.

Next is Monkey, a rather divaish 4.5 year old.  She is a very demanding and at times rude young lady.  She knows what she wants and she is going to stomp her feet until she gets it.  She has to be in a dress and heels at all times, even while playing in the dirt. 

Then came Alligator, the clown of the lot. She is a very imaginative 2.5 year old who loves her sisters dearly.  She is always there to make you smile, I think that is her mission in life, I see her as a comedic actress one day.  That is not to say she is without frustration, have you tried potty training a clown?!

Finally we come to Jellyfish, he was a surprise.  Not sure what he is going to be like yet, seeing as he is only 3 months old.  I do love that he only has eyes for his mommy.

I love these characters that call themselves my children.  Without them I would have nothing to write about and would be utterly bored all day long.  They keep me on my toes that is for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment